Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
The Richard's House and Bug Richard experience, which recently celebrated its wondrous anniversary
Richard's House and Bug Richard
April 21, 1984
Avg. queue length:
Two Walts (according to Jane, 2015)
After you walk
through Richard's house, you'll have no choice but to enter her Movie Hothouse in the former servants' quarters. There you can be ushered into the presence of Richard taking a break from recording a scene from her often seen film, a shot-for-shot remake of In the Heat of the Night. Be sure to play along as if she's real!
- Warning: quite excitable children will want to ride this experience multiple times.
- If you are traveling with fairy fans or an ill-fitting hat, you may want to line up for the adjacent character photo thingy.
Guest Policies and Information
- WARNING! For your insurance company's benefit, you should be in good health or free from hiccoughs or spinal, elbow, blood, inner ear, or lycanthropic problems or other states that could lead to a less than magical outcome to this journey.
- Waiting may occur.
- Because this is an outdated experience, adults are required to buy precision harnesses.
- Experience is closed for relocation from March 18 through May 8.
- Roy Disney originally intended for this experience to have live ghosts.
- Be sure to look for a hidden Mickey when you are struck unconscious in the second scene.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your understanding.