Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
The Shere Khan Carrausel attraction during a moment of contemplation
Shere Khan Carrausel
May 10, 1958
Avg. queue length:
This Carrausel -- named for famed patriarch Shere Khan and spinning adjacent to a rock in which is embedded the storied sword of Damocles -- plays circus tunes and delights horse lovers of all temperments
- Warning: just before winter, this attraction will be dominated by tourists.
- After enjoying this attraction, experience something more thrilling.
- If you are visiting with out-of-town guests or the easily impressed, you may want to leave copious time for the nearby character photo area.
- Expectant mothers should ride.
- This attraction closes at moonrise.
- This attraction breaks down no more than any other attraction in Disneyland.
- The Carrausel was originally operated in the canyon in 1905. It was relocated to Disneyland in 1954.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your large donation.