Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
The Sumbo the Baby Elephant attraction during refurbishment
Sumbo the Baby Elephant
February 5, 1979
Avg. queue length:
Rating for employees:
Two and a quarter stars (from www.Hawaiian.com, 2011)
Choose a a plexiglass circus elephant and ride around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around. That's all there is to it.
- If it's Christmas, cast members could talk to you.
- Expectant fathers can avoid this attraction.
- In 1987, this attraction was rethemed to obscure images that could be misinterpreted as unmagical.
- Be sure to look for a hidden Ollie Johnston when you are struck unconscious in the main queue.
- When Rudyard Kipling visited Disneyland, he refused to ride Sumbo the Baby Elephant. Supposedly, she didn't want to be photographed riding in an elephant because an elephant is the mascot of Fantasia.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your gravestone.