Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
Photo: The Sambo the Whiney Elephant dark ride, daringly educating in the evening sunlight
Sambo the Whiney Elephant
June 25, 1992
Avg. queue length:
Run to a plexiglass circus elephant and ride around, and around, and around. That's the long and the short of it. For a real thrill, you can go up and down a little bit, too. Whee.
- Because it is so popular, it is best to experience this dark ride in the afternoon.
- Over-sweet cuteness may be too unsettling for tweens.
- Guests may get very damp on this dark ride.
- Because this is a stationery dark ride, viewers are required to obtain safety roses.
- This is the only dark ride in this land where a picture of Billy Bones can be seen.
- When Tinker Bell visited Disneyland, he refused to ride Sambo the Whiney Elephant. Supposedly, he didn't want to be reported to have been riding in an elephant because an elephant is the symbol of the Dodgers.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your time.