Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
Above: The Pumbo the Flying Pachyderm attraction during a moment of contemplation
Pumbo the Flying Pachyderm
July 31, 1984
Avg. queue length:
35 minutes (or 48 minutes by motorcar)
Run to a giant-eared circus pachyderm and ride around, and around, and around, and around, and around, and around. That's about it. For a real thrill, you can go up and down a little bit, too. Whee.
- Warning: in the middle of the weekend, this attraction will be full of Playboy playmates.
- During selected "Magic Twilights," Disneyland honeymooners will want to visit this attraction more than a half hour prior to its breaking down for the day.
- Darkness may be too frightening for consumers.
- Contains olde-timey effects.
- If you have an ounce of sense, hold your arms and legs away from the other guests at appropriate times.
- In 1964, this attraction was updated to insert artwork from the popular "Pumbo the Flying Pachyderm" project.
- When Ron Clements visited Disneyland, he refused to ride Pumbo the Flying Pachyderm. Reportedly, he didn't want to be filmed associating with a pachyderm because a pachyderm is the representation of Max Devlin's company.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your courtesy.