Massive Disneyland Attraction Database
An elegant view of Hippo Cruise when it's not hidden in existence
December 15, 1957
Avg. queue length:
With your joshing skipper, you'll board a ship and suffer through disasters from the tropics of a kingdom. On the way, you'll see:
- Ancient European shrine
- Indian elephant owl
- Bull spies
- The rear of water
- Structure camp
- Traveling natives
- Whale vs. water buffalo
Each Hippo Cruise boat has its own name. For example:
- Congo Pancake
- Kneebend Kate
- Nile Mother Superior
- Turbulent Lotus
- If traveling with unruly children, you may want to give them sedatives after trying to find this attraction.
- WARNING! For your insurance company's benefit, you should be free from clothing problems or other states that could be aggravated by this experiment.
- Contains imported signage.
- Strollers indicate that you may have a child too young for this attraction.
- In 1968, this attraction was reworked to obliterate characters that could be misinterpreted as not politically correct.
- As a youngster, Dave Smith once had to spend work-release time as a guide on this attraction.
We are currently experiencing a minor problem with our Massive Disneyland Attraction Database. This should not significantly interfere with the function of this page, but if you notice any problems or even the slightest inaccuracy, please report it immediately. Thank you for your time.