The next time you’re visiting the Haunted Mansion, instead of hurrying to your Doombuggie take few minutes to look for one of the attraction’s hidden surprises. Recognize this silhouette?
That’s right, it’s the Evil Queen from Snow White, being fried by God, Thor, or whomever for her evil deeds. You may have to wait a few dozen minutes for the just the right flash of lightning, but it’s worth it!
There was a bit of an uproar in 2008 when it was decided that, during a lengthy refurbishment, Disney characters would be added to the Haunted Mansion. We have to admit they still seem a little out of place to us, but for those who want to look for them, they are (in order of appearance):
- Professor Porter from Tarzan (middle figure of the stack of men in the stretching room).
- The Evil Queen (as seen above).
- Donald Duck (his face is on a chair near the hallway with the floating candle).
- Various floating objects from Bedknobs and Broomsticks (in the seance room).
- Captain Nemo (playing the ballroom organ in ghostly form).
- Scary trees from Snow White, (in the graveyard).
- Old Yeller (in ghost form in the graveyard).
Have fun looking for them, and let us know if you find any others!