Anyone know why the logo for Big Thunder Ranch is the letters “BFD” instead of “BTR”? We’re sure there’s an interesting backstory in there somewhere!
Posts Tagged ‘Big Thunder Ranch’
We always enjoy the Halloween decorations at Big Thunder Ranch. We were thrilled this year to see the new “Headless Horseman” figure.
We aren’t entirely sure why he has two heads, but we suppose that just makes it all the easier to freak out wimpy schoolteachers!
As for the “Headless Ticket Taker” figure…
…we have no idea what his deal is. Maybe Disney was just running short of pumpkins?
It’s almost September, which means that Disneyland will soon begin preparing for Halloweentime in the park. This year there will be several completely new elements to help celebrate the Halloween season, including:
- The giant jack-o-lantern on Main Street will, for the first time, be carved from a real, gigantic mutant pumpkin.
- During after-hours events, all popcorn will be “horrifyingly stale.”
- The over-sized gingerbread house in the Haunted Mansion Holiday ballroom will be an actual, working, scale model of the original Haunted Mansion.
- Turkey legs will still have the feet attached.
- The Big Thunder Ranch petting area will feature an animatronic “Hatbox Goat.”
- The Little Red Wagon corn dog stand on Main Street will offer Frankenweenies.
- Marvel-comics-themed costumes are being custom made for all the park’s feral cats.
- Special Mickey Mouse ears hats will be available that look like the top has been bitten off and the wearer’s brains are showing.
- Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island will become Haunted Ghost Pirate’s Lair on Zombie Tom Sawyer Mysterious Island.
- This year’s costume for the Partners statue: The Wizard of Oz and Dorothy.