we went here yesterday + had a ball for little money we saw the home of tomorrow which was mostly made of plastic, went in the Jungle rid + monorail. The main-street was 1900, everything in 5/8 scale. Saw Indian dances, Tom Sawyers Island and much mor. also went to Marineland where trained Whales, seals etc perform. off to San Diego tomorrow.
A partial list of the errors in this bit of correspondence:
- Nobody since the beginning of time has ever gone to Disneyland “for little money.” Not even if they worked there.
- It’s not “home of tomorrow,” it’s “Monsanto House of the Future.”
- It’s not “mostly made of plastic,” according to park literature, the MHotF was “made of mankind’s hopes and dreams for a better tomorrow” and fiberglass.
- 1900 what? Feet long? Dollars? It’s just not clear.
- If everything was 5/8 scale, you wouldn’t be able to get into the vehicles and you’d smack your head on every doorway and lamppost.
- It’s Tom Sawyer Island. Come on, people.
- They didn’t go to Marineland. Nobody did. That’s why it closed.
- “Love Peggy” is an imperative statement, and although possibly a nice thought or sentiment, is hardly appropriate as a salutation.