There are several vehicles that take guests for rides up and down Main Street. One of them is this old-fashioned fire engine:
The engine was originally built in 1899, but Walt Disney himself purchased it and had its horses removed and a gasoline engine added so that it could be more easily used in his park. Today, the gasoline engine has been replaced by a more modern, clean burning, high-pressure liquid hydrogen fuel cell (with, when fully charged, enough energy to level a city block), but despite what’s under the hood, the body of the car remains true to its antique history.
Looking at this old photo, one can’t help but wonder about the people in them. Who knows what ever happened to the smiling driver shown here? Perhaps he still works in the park!
Next up: It’s in the barn!